Monday, April 1, 2013

Total Recall (2012) Review

Coming into this one I was very skeptical but I still wanted to give it a chance to surprise me. The first hour of this movie is actually alright if you don't mind Colin Farrell's terrible fake american accent. The locations look very futuristic and very cool. Although this movie seems to love it's lens flare. After the first hour it's all down hill, sure the action is there but the dialog is just terrible. Everything feels very stretched especially the last 30 minutes. The movie just keeps dragging, I get that you want to have a final fight scene but when you start to force it and you see it coming a mile away it just doesn't fit. *SPOILERS* In the final fight the bad guy runs away from a turret with a pistol in his hand and then a moment later he comes back to fight Colin Farrell with a knife. Why did he throw away his gun? I have no idea. Also the movie's ending would have been more heroic and better if the main character had died in the arms of another character. But no, instead of that we the scene fades to black and then the main character is in an ambulance and has quick fight the with the evil female character that lasts about 15 seconds.*SPOILERS* Would I recommend this movie to someone? No. I mean it's OK if you stop watching after the first hour but that's about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment